Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Emily's first day of school!

Emily, bless her heart, has asked at least 2 times a day, every day, since Allyson started school when she will go back to school. She has waited, sometimes less than patiently, for almost 3 weeks.

And today the day has finally come. Today is Emilys last-first day of preschool. She is in the 4 year old class this year.

Next year, this little face will be a big bad kindergartner. That seems to be all I can focus on today. How extremely fast this year is going to go and how quickly she is growing.
I gave birth to Emily while Allyson was in this same preschool. Seems like 4 1/2 months ago, instead of 4 1/2 years.
And now- here she is strutting her stuff and starting a new preschool adventure this year.She was thrilled- I had to hold her down to keep her from just driving herself there. As she jumped out of the car I said "I hope you have a good day"- to which she said "I mam- see, I'm smiling".

2 comments:

Ronda said...

What a sweetie! Of course she's going to have a good day...she's going to school today!

Hope you're holding up, and spending some real quality time with Sam-the-Man, whom I'm sure will never get to go to preschool because his mom will keep him home until he's what...35?

Rebecca said...

Go Em! Hope her day was all it could be for her and for you home alone with Sam. Not long before he starts hogging the spot light huh :o)