Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dear School System,

Hard to believe, but just one more month until the old school bell will be ringin'.  That is, if you continue to insist that the kids return mid-August like you put on the old calendar.  I still really don't believe that, it seems so early, but what the hell.  They are starting to make me a little crazy so I'm sure we'll be ready by then.

The real reason for my note is that I wanted to tell you thanks.  With Allyson starting Middle School this year, I was taken back by the 6:45AM school bus pick up time.  Then I realized you were just messing with me.  Oh, Ha Ha He He, what a gut splitter, my sides are still hurting from laughing so hard.  What a good one, I really needed a good laugh.  See, I was really kind of worrying about how on GODS GREEN EARTH I was going to manage to drag not only myself, but my kind of tempermental 10 year old out of bed at 6am, 5 days a week, to get ready for school.  And then, when I realized that it MUST be a joke- oh gosh I have never ever laughed so hard.  Ahhhhh, how super funny of you is that.  What a crack up you are.

So really, what time will the bus be coming next month?  I'm good with 9 or 9:30, but whatever works for you.  Oh- and if we do manage to oversleep, what time does the 'overslept' bus come back around? 

Sincerely,

We LOVE our sleep around these parts Momma

No comments: