Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Funky fresh............

I am in a funk. A super serious funk. So much so that yesterday I did not even get out of my pajamas (and yes I did in fact leave the house- four times- in my pajamas- niiiice).

Today, I have higher aspirations. Like a shower.

See- a funk, a super serious funk.

Ick.

Adding to the funk this week? Sam and his happy go lucky toy money.

Sam had a truck. His favorite truck. It was a police car, with lights and a wench. The batteries leaked in it. Ruined.

I called energizer (the package says their product is guaranteed) and low and behold they sent me a label to send in the toy so they could try and remove the acid and make it work again.

We sent it.

They couldn't fix it.

But they did send a check for $20 to replace it.

Have I mentioned I am sold on name brand batteries?

So that's how Sam acquired his fancy cash. If I were a smart mother,(which I apparently am not) I would have just bought him something and said they sent it as a replacement.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I decided to let him look around the toy department.

Big mistake. Big. Huge.

We were in Target for over an hour while this sweet small blonde child looked at every.single.toy. I finally said why don't we run to toys r us in the morning, I'm sure you'll find the perfect thing there.

We spent an hour and a half there the next morning. He finally decided on a slot track car thingy.

He and Dan spent like an hour trying to put it together. I had to make a last minute run to CVS for C batteries (of course it takes C batteries- who really uses those anymore) and they finally fired it up.

After a whole day we all determined the thing was a huge pile of doody and we returned it to the store.

Back to Target- but this time he knew what he wanted. An accessory set to go with his bat cave.

Until we got in the store, then he started flipping and flopping like a giant fish.

I grabbed my head, the pain was unbearable.

Like forever later, we left with some hotwheels take apart and reassemble car.

THE NIGHT he brought it home, it broke.

Back to Target last night (in my pajamas). Another hour. This time- a lightning mcqueen semi trailer truck.

Lesson learned, I will NEVER do that again. And if anyone buys this small indecisive child a giftcard, I'm using it to buy myself some alcohol.

The only positive thing that came from all that toy aisle meandering- I discovered that Tiger Woods has an entire line of small barbie type dolls made after him- and surprise, they are on clearance.

3 comments:

Ronda said...

You told the child about Toys R Us after standing in Target for an obscene amount of time?

That funk of yours is eating away your brain cells. Snap out of it, woman, or the next thing you know, you'll be willingly going to Chuck E Cheese.

And may I say that I find it odd that one of YOUR children has a difficult time with decisions? That's just so strange.

Mynde said...

I know. I thought it was strange too. And then I thought it wasn't. I just couldn't decide.

Sharon said...

While wiping away the tears so I can leave a comment, a memory popped up of Sam's Aunt Kim who swore to never be left alone with her little sister again in anykind of store with money to buy a gift for someone else after having to spend almost an hour and 15 minutes in a tiny little craft shop with her to pick up a Xmas gift for her mom -- I think he gets it from his Aunt Kim's sisterLOL (and I have always treasured that beaded candy cane on my tree at Xmastime -- thank you, Mynde:)

Mom