Friday, April 9, 2010

oscar the grouch

It is 5:04 pm on a Friday afternoon.................and I am still in my pajamas.

Or I could look at it like I'm already in my pajamas.

But that would be a complete lie.

Yesterday was one of those days- where tears flowed dang near all evening and I apparently just wore myself out.

So other than folding a couple loads of laundry and painting a sign white- I have nothing else to show for this day that is almost over.

Except for the fact that I am feeling a wee bit better emotionally. Maybe curling up in that giant chair and having Sammy fall asleep next to me what exactly the therapy I needed.

I fail at a lot of things. I don't really have many mad skillz to speak of. But the one thing that I so desperately don't want to fail at, I think I am. Parenting. More than that- mothering.

I get over committed, over stressed and over anxious- and then I get all grouchy and mean.

I hate that part of me.

And last night, I lost it with all of my children, and the night ended with all four of us in tears just cuddling in their beds with me telling them how sorry I was for being such a grouchy momma.

So see, I really needed today I suppose. And they probably have enjoyed having not much to do today as well.

I'm feeling far less grouchy now.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

You have GOT to learn to say no.

Hang in there, pal.