Monday, April 26, 2010

Ode to Ikea...............

Ikea, Ikea, how I am in love with you.........
and my new $3 corkscrew.

You make the most fabulous cheap tupperware.........
and didn't even judge me when I didn't do my hair.

My love of your lamps is nothing that passes quickly.........
your lines are trendy and your cactuses prickly.

Cheap plastic furniture is all of the rave...........
throw in a magnetic kitchen gadget and my heart begins to cave.

It does not matter that I can not pronounce your provocative sweedish names..........
for all your cheap ikea picture frames.

Language is no barrier, you speak to my heart.........
your style, your lines- your toilet brush art.

Eco bathrooms, cheap breakfast, recycling bins galore.........
I'm nothing if not an ikea whore  woman.

I could live on your sofas, nourish my soul with your blinds............
you give and give and give to me, Ikea you are so kind.

Only space separates us, only miles between the time.........
when I can walk back in your doors- until then I will see you online.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

This is great! And fancy. Check you out!