Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I scream, you scream, we all scream..........

That's right, we all scream for ice cream- for breakfast. You can judge me, that's fine. My children are eating ice cream for breakfast- but it stopped the screaming. See, they'd already spent some time outside (hunting for the toads of course) and that's when it happened. Emily and Sam began their 'I'm gonna chase you while you squeal" routine (Sam's the chaser, Emily's the runner). Emily locked him outside, then hysteria broke loose. That's when Allyson said "Can I have ice cream?" Then my small blonde one began chanting "ice cream, ice cream, ice cream"- so that is how we arrived here. That, and my messy dirty house that have already captured my attention for the early morning moments- which has drained me of any ability to argue already today. I suppose someday, when the child protection people knock on my door to inquire about my ice cream for breakfast eating, counter sitting, naked in the front yard, hootin' and hollarin' children I will not be able to deny a thing- as I am daily documenting our really bad habits in this blog. oops

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That's okay, Mynde -- it is milk based and surely they will be getting calcium out of it and you probably gained some quiet time. Yesterday Grandma gave them, out of desperation also (this crew really knows how to work you), English Muffin pizzas......I figured better a vegetable (tomatoes in the sauce), protein (in the pepperoni) and dairy(in the cheese) than just English Muffins with butter and jelly:)