Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Only in America..........

Cantelope from Honduras. Interesting. Did we quit growing our own cantelope? Or do we sell it all to China? Notice anything else? USA is not even listed. I'm going to do more farmers market shopping this summer. Although Hodurian cantelope is still tasty, especially in the winter when the farmers market is, well, non existent. But the thought of my cantelope traveling on an airplane or boat- well that's just bothersome.

Also- in the car yesterday I saw a large man wearing what appeared to be a huge snow suit with a statue of liberty dress and crown over the top standing on a street corner, smoking a cigarette. Gosh I wish I'd had my camera. That's definantly something I bet you'd never seen anywhere else.
And lastly, in my little untraveled brain, I envision that only in America could a fresh blanket of newly fallen snow elicit such excitement and joy among small children.

And their 'new snowblower toy' fathers.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Your cantelope probably rode shotgun to your bananas. Just sayin'.

Yet another reason to move to the tropics.