Thursday, January 15, 2009

I challenge you................

Operation PURSE DUMP.


Just real life purse dumpage here today folks.


Miss Ronda made a comment about 'her mothers purse' referring to me yesterday. Which made me look at my purse and see that it is pretty pathetic. Typically stuffed with more crap that belongs to the rest of this family than me, but being the only purse toting individual it all ends up in MY BAG.


And then my friends make fun of me.


A couple of years ago we had a baby shower for a couple of gals at church. We played a game called 'whats in the diaper bag (or maybe it was purse) of a mother'. Some of the strange crap, which was all actually really in my bag, was pretty surprising. Especially to the older folks in our church who just stared in horror. Makes you question yourself, when the older folks give you that deer in the headlight look and then run the other way, ya know.

So here is my ever so stylish bag ontop of my postage scale.


Just shy of 5 pounds. Wow! I wonder if there are stacks of 100's in there that I forgot about.
Nope- doesn't appear to be. Here is the rundown folks. (I could have pitched and thrown prior to this, but I didn't. Here is what was lurking inside:


My wallet. It alone weighs 2 pounds. Too many pennies I suppose- plus every receipt I've ever received and 39 store loyalty cards (yuck!)

Allyson' chapstick.

Sam's epi pen (a necessity).

A cell phone.

That red bag- filled with womenly type items, a stain wipe, and an empty bandaid holder.

Reminder card for a doctores appointment.

Various receipts that should have been thrown away.

A broken pen.

Two barretts.

A watch that needs a battery (I put it in my purse so I could do that next time at the mall- like 3 months ago.)

3 tubes of lipgloss.

My car keys.

Various coupons- including bath and body works and ice skating.

A token from chucke cheese.

$.56.

2 diapers & and empty wipes case.

A high school musical sticker.

Discharge papers from my trip to the ER last week.

2 breath mints (taken from Long Horn Steakhouse)

A cereal bar (smashed flat!)

An empty envelope (?)

A bottle of Alieve (which actually contains advil and tylenol)

Yesterdays mail (oops!)

A target giftcard. What is that, a target giftcard. Huh, wonder if there's anything on it (tries to find the phone under the mountain of crap from my purse. calls convenient 800 number. low and behold- $10! it pays to clean out your purse!)

Product information for my new chairs and sofa from Sam's club (I say mine very loosely, technically they are still Sam's Clubs as I have not a plan yet to actually purchase them)

A piece of hubba bubba (sam's of course)

Allyson's wax for her braces.


That is about it. Nothing too bad. Boy, it's been much worse. I am personally surprised that there are not more toys in there. Typically I can entertain an entire preschool class with what I find in my purse. Today, I could only offer some wax and a tampon for entertainment.


After the photos, I did clean it out. And it is much better now.

So I challenge you (you know who you are) to go dump your purse, snap some photos and share it all!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

I'll take your challenge, ma'am. Give me 20 minutes!