Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My little man

Today, Sam turns 3. Wow, 3 years old. I tend to get all nostalgic, well most of the time, but especially on birthdays. We looked through his baby book this morning already. And although I am so grateful to celebrate his birthday with him- a part of me (a huge part) wants to put him back into my tummy. He was safe there, protected, nourished, warm, and a baby. He had that alien look to him, that sweet baby smell on his head, and strange jarring reflexes. All the sweet little babyness. But obviously, he wouldn't fit. And there are no fruit snacks in there, so he wouldn't be happy anyway. So I suppose I will just embrace his rapidly growing little self and try to savor this next year with him. My no longer 2 little man. And for a brief couple of weeks, he and Emily will be just 1 year apart.
And now for a brief look back over his 3 little years of life:

Who knows what pictures this year will hold. Pretty exciting stuff- 3 is a really cool age.

And now, apparently because I crave stress and pain, we are off to my doctors appointment. With any luck at all, we will not be stuffed into that little room forever. And then, probably dinner at Chuck E Cheese. Which I actually am kind of looking forward to- Sam will be so excited!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Happy birthday to Sam the Man!

Sharon said...

Oh my, Chuckie Cheese -- well, I will try to keep next week open for you and the accompanying Doctor's visits which Chuckie always elicits. Maybe if you all gargle with saltwater when you get home tonite that will help. Think I'll keep my distance while you are in the 'infectious' stage this week. Have fun -- had no idea Sam was changing so much. What a sweet little 'man':)

Mom