Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

 These are not the hard ones. (Emily- first day of Second Grade- she's seven years old)
 Although I will miss them both with every ounce of my being, I have (kind of) gotten used to them being gone to school (almost).
 And they are ready and excited to get back at it.
 It's been a full and wonderful summer and I have so enjoyed having them here to enjoy swimming, riding bikes, lunches, picnics, playgrounds................great, now I'm tearing up.
 Regardless, these two little girls are already missed- but them leaving feels normal.
 I've had a day or two to get used to them leaving me for hours on end five days a week.
 (Oh dear, nothing like first day of school pictures to make you realize how desperately your front door could use a cleaning) Allyson- first day of Sixth Grade- she is just 11 years old.
It's later today that is sucking the air right from my lungs.  Knowing that I will have to send my very last little person to Elementary school.  And knowing that for the first time in as long as I can remember I will be alone on a regular basis.  Purposeless.  Wandering aimlessly.  Alone.  It's only for a half day, and he's still my little man.  I know, I know.  It's just that soon it will feel as 'normal' as it does for his sisters to go away all day as it does for him.  And I miss him so much already.
It seems so hard to believe that it is time already.

"Don't leave me little man, come home to your momma".

No comments: