Monday, June 20, 2011

You too can make family suppers for just $10

There is a lady who now has a show, on the actual TV, about how it is possible for a family of 4 to eat dinner for $10 or less.  She even is featured in a magazine article for parents of young kids.  Because this is apparently news worthy stuff.

I mean, $10 for a family of 4 dinner at home?  Who knew?  Except, well, all the rest of us living in the real world.  I mean, a $10 dinner at our house is newsworthy stuff man.  For ten whole bucks, I can bust out some dessert, an appetizer (not onion soup by the way) and probably a salad to boot.  Plus there are FIVE of us, although usually one just complains about the meal rather than actually eat it.  But still- five instead of four!

Looks like I missed my calling.  I could have had a tv show.  And a magazine article.  Dang.

Tonights $10 dinner- me and my crock pot are thinking pork roast with some smashed potatoes and some steam in the bag veggies.  Notify the press.

1 comment:

Halala Mama said...

I know what you mean.... if I made 10 dollar dinners everynight, then 70 percent of my weekly grocery budget would be on JUST dinner.