Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shucks

This week is busy.  It is the week of the kids kingdom crafting night at church which means that my husband is tripping over grocery bags full of glue, felt, glitter and beads- my counters are full of partially assembled crafts for small hands to finish- and my fingers are covered in burns from hot glue.  So there is the reason for the half baked blog this week.

In other news-
 Allyson had her first band concert this week.  (Santa hat saxophone right in the middle).  They were amazing- and I could not take my eyes off of her.  I am so proud of her and the neat kid she is.  And I also found myself grateful she didn't pick the trombone- what a boring and loud instrument.

 Sam's eye is healing- it looks even better than this now.  Almost not bruised at all and the swelling is ever so slowly receding and taking his eye lid up with it.  Thank you, sweet and merciful Lord, for his ease in healing.
 Emily started basketball this week- she's pretty amazing herself.
Ally starts basketball tonight.  We now have commitments every night of the week- except Friday on most weeks.  Most nights we have more than one.  Send gas cards and casseroles please.

We don't know any of these people- but occassionally when sitting through a 2 hour concert you give your child your camera and let them have at it.  And you end up with 100 pictures of people you don't know. 
But I'm sure someone is really proud of them.

No comments: