Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Peace..............

I want a piece of peace.

Just for a brief moment, my heart is screaming for just a brief moment of peace.

The kids have been on Christmas break. I love my children. I really do. But they do not facilitate peace. And I am about to loose my ever loving mind.

They scream, run, play, throw, ask.questions.all.the.time., fight, bicker, squabble and hit. My head is on the verge of exploding. And it won't be pretty.

I will miss this someday, having little kids at home. I can already tell how devastating it will be when they are grown. But right now I don't see that. All I see is loud, crazy children taking over our home and doing with it what they will.

Tomorrow the school bus will come, and although I will instantly miss them, right now I can hardly wait. Perhaps we will be able to get some of our old 'normal' back.

You know- the normal where only Sam gets to destroy the house while the girls are at school.

4 comments:

survivor.mom said...

Mynde, I so feel your pain, and your dilemma. We started back to school on Monday, and I think all of the kids lost their minds over break. They forgot how to do the simplest of tasks. It's amazing how this happens! BTW - love your blog - and your scarf!!!! :-)

Love, Peggy

Ronda said...

I want you to really, really enjoy tomorrow. Have you seen the forecast?

Mynde said...

If you say the forecast for tomorrow involves the words 'snow day', I'm going to come over and kick your a**!

Ronda said...

Not tomorrow, but probably Thursday or Friday. No one can get their story quite straight.