Thursday, January 28, 2010

Doin' our part.........

In an effort to try and stimulate our economy- each of us here in our household has chosen our own ways to try and contribute. We're always thinkin', what can I say.

First off- there is Sam and his numerous contributions. Not only does he daily waste items like soap and toilet paper- thus allowing us to purchase more than any household should possibly every have to, he is shown here sporting his newest way to give. It's called using an entire box of bandaids, in an hour, for one single little bitty hang nail. The kids a genious! Those things are like $4 a box, and now I will be forced to buy more. You can almost HEAR the unemployment rate falling!

Earlier this week, when I was up in the middle of the night trying to wrestle Sam's blanet away from the dog so that he would be covered and go back.to.sleep.for.the.love.of.all.things.good, I made a pit stop by the bathroom. In the complete darkness, I managed to step into a huge pile of cold gooey something on the rug. Turns out it was toothpaste. Two for one- way to make good use of your time boy! Not only wasting obscene amounts of expensive kiddy flavored toothpaste that we will now need to- get this- buy MORE of, but double score for making me have to wash the rug in the process, which also uses energy and laundry soap. Breathtaking plan of action Sam!

And yesterday I noticed that his new pants, the ones he's only been wearing for like a month, are now too short. Again. And his shoes, getting tight. So we will be in the market for new pants and shoes, apparantly. I'm not sure how he pulled yet another unbelievable growth spurt off, but this is sure to dump some greenbacks into our country!

Check out this bag of batteries for recycling! Apparently every toy we own has needed it's batteries replaced in the past couple of months- we Goble's are givers, I tell ya. You are welcome Energizer, Duracell and makers of the Kirkland's Best variety. Enjoy your quarterly bonuses!

This Allyson- boy she may not look like a political junkie- but she is all about saving our world by means of the economy. In fact, despite her previous stance that being girly was gross- she is now suckin' up crazy amounts of girl products like lip gloss and eye shadow (that can only be worn IN the house mind you). And now, with some occassional acne flairing up, she has determined that it is time to begin purchasing Oxi pads and the sort. Then this morning, she declares a need for hair products- to smooth and tame. Well- the health and beauty industry is sure to see the boom!

Emily- she personally made two sacrifices this week. The first was allowing her brother to blatently throw her birthday gift (a handmade playdough heart) from Allyson onto the floor- thus shattering it (and her heart) into 1000 pieces. This simple act was a stimulus buy making her sister use yet more playdough and beads to construct another one. Way to go Emi!

The second was loosing her second tooth. This resulted in a visit from the old tooth fairy. We could not get out the door fast enough to tear through the doors of the old red bullseye the next morning and spend that fabulous fairy fortune!


You may be wondering what I'm doing- since our kids are being so proactive an all. Heck, I'm a team player, count me in.

My focus is more on the medical industry. I had that whole mamogram thing last week- that should cost a small fortune thus priming the old pump of the hospital (more jobs for doctors, nurses, gauze pads, it never ends) but I got a bonus visit to the doctor Friday for a throat that was swelling shut. That was a doctor visit PLUS a prescription. I just keep on giving, don't I. But now for the real kicker- I scheduled my root canal. Which apparently doesn't end with JUST the root canal, but will also include a permanent crown. Bonus! Both cost roughly $1000, each! I couldn't have planned a more expensive way to give if I had tried. You're welcome dental industry, hope it helps!

This solving the nations economical problems is exhausting, but so rewarding.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Thanks for taking it for the team, Goble family.