Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forget the Colts- It's basketball time!

Sorry for the foul language- but really, being the sports minded soul that I am not, my focus right now is strictly on the girls and their new basketball season. Games officially began this past Saturday and will be consuming our lives, uh, I mean occupying our weekends for the next couple of months or so. So here are entirely too many pictures of their first games...........



For the kids, the games are all about the snack bar and how much money they can get me to spend in the amount of an hour.


I love that the program is biblically based and includes tons of prayer and devotions!






Interestingly enough, immediately after their games Emily declares she would rather play basketball and Allyson announced she doesn't want to play at all anymore. I swear to you, this parenting thing is a lose lose. I actually managed to get them both signed up, even if I did miss the registration, paid the small mortgage payment for participation, have committed us to hours of practices and games- and it's all for NOTHIN'! Don't be mistaken- they will finish the season despite their desires not to (apparently), but dag gone!

On another note- I am crazily snapping picture after picture at their games because Dan was working and had to miss it. Another mother approaches me with a camera that looks surprisingly like mine. Turns out, it was like mine. She began asking me all kinds of technical mumbo jumbo camera stuff- to which I simply gave her my confused crazed mother face, you know, my normal face. I realize what a nice camera Dan purchased for us (thanks to Ronda and her crazy photography need to upgrade)- but really- it's all above me. I'm not a professional photographer after all, I just play one at basketball games! It was just funny to me. What was even funnier was her strange look when I said I basically use it like a point and shoot. She just slowly.backed.away.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Did you explain to her how to get the memory card back in?

Really cute pictures. I so wish Cooper would agree to participate in that. It's also a no-go on the church camp for him. What kind of stick in the mud am I raising?