Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm tiiiiiiired

You know how when you say to your husband "I'm just soooo tired".

And he responds "Go take a nap" and thinks he's being all helpful.

And then you burst into tears, because a nap ain't gonna solve the tired that you are?

And then he looks at you all confused and asks if it is your time of the month. (As if you couldn't possibly being experiencing this for real, it must just be some female hormone thing?)

And then you deck him.

I really hope this isn't just a me thing.

I'm tired on a whole new cosmic level. I can deal with being physically tired, but this emotionally tired thing is wearing me out.

The solution- who knows. I don't know what would solve this exhaustion I am suffering with. I think it is the same exhaustion any mother has. Then why oh why oh why do I see so many other mothers not looking as bedraggled as I feel? You know the ones- hair all done, outfits all coordinated and free of spills and stains, matching earrings, chipper voice that announces all is right in their world. Oy.

I'm thinking of trying those energy drinks. By the case. You know- the ones with the neon labels and names like Jolt Your Hind End to Next Week or Hyped Up on Life.

Yeah. Like that will do the trick. Because two POTS of coffee a day apparently isn't enough.

In the mean time, I'm doing something that really will help. I've made a sign and taped it to the front window. It reads "Send Help or Vodka". Gotta go find the tape.......

4 comments:

Ronda said...

I'm on my way over to kick your butt. If you don't find time for yourself once a week, you're going to implode.

Here's the solution: take your nifty crochet hook, DO NOT cook dinner or feel guilt about not doing it, go to Panera, order a water and sit amongst the people until it closes. Or one hour or whatever it takes.

Or join the gym, or take up scrapbooking again or become a tattoo artist, or drive the 465 loop repeatedly with no chidren, and none of that Disney radio crap.

Whatever it is, do it by yourself. And again, I say, if you feel guilt, I'll be able to sniff it out and will come to kick your butt.

Your husband will be fine, your kids will be fine, the dog and guinea pigs will survive.

And if you're going to tell me you can't because of basketball/cheerleading/Girl Scout/preschool schedules, I'm going to hurt you.

But only because I love you.

Sharon said...

Amen to that, Rhonda but now I, Mynde's Mom, feel guilty -- if I were half the Grandmom or Mom I should be, she wouldn't be tired for I would be relieving her so that she would have some alone time.....THANKS A LOT, RHONDA!!:) And by now, I am quite sure you are suspicioning the 'guilt-driven frenzies that cause such exhaustion' are probably a genetically inherited hormonally connected mental condition which probably warrants commitment to a treatment facility or medicationLLOL

And Mynde, those Moms who are so spiffed and polished and show no kid spots probably have nannies or Supermoms and Supergrannies who give them the time alone they so desperately want.........YEAH, RHONDA THANKS A LOT!!!

Okay Mynde -- here I am, up to the plate!! I will give you one morning or one afternoon of your choice, weekly, to let you run amok to wherever you want to be alone whether it be the grocery or simply down to my house to listen to the silence -- maybe to the gym to work off your frustrations on the treadmill. But you have to tell me the time and schedule me in there or I won't know about it.

There!! I feel much better, don't you?

Love ya......Mom

Ronda said...

You people and your guilt are killing me!

:)

survivor.mom said...

Hey Sharon,

I know exactly how Mynde feels. If I call you Mom, will you help me out??? Thanks for the idea, Ronda!!!! (love and miss you!)

Seriously, Myn, Ronda is right. Dan is capable of taking care of the kids, or you wouldn't have married him. He may not do things like you would, or he may leave the kitchen a mess, but in the end, will it matter?

Look at your schedule, and make it happen. None of this "I don't know how" stuff. MAKE IT HAPPEN. Believe me, one afternoon or evening, or afternoon AND evening isn't going to hurt anyone, and you WILL feel better.

You are not being selfish, by the way. I am in no way telling you to run off and never be seen again. Just say "I am going to take this time for me". I promise it'll be ok. Take the time, and pray. God will help you breathe more easily, and he wants to hear what you have to say, anyway!

Burn out is close, I can tell. Let it go. If I didn't think you needed some alone time, I'd say meet me, and we'll chat. Maybe after you get the alone time!!!

I might add - you are a normal Mom. Those women who are all put together are FAKE!! Or they're house is a mess!! Or they're really teetering on the edge of sanity, and very good at hiding it. Trust me, Myn, it's not real!

Ok, I'm off to Luke's bb game, then home to clean the house, yet again! Fine example, I am!!!

Love ya!
Peggy