Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's that time of year X 2

Once again, we embark upon the turn of the new year and the pitter pat of girl scout feet and their over priced baked goods. Only this year, something is different. We have TWO of them living in our home. With their order forms firmly clutched in their hands, they have physically attacked every person we know begging for orders. Except our neighbors. Being the weenie that I am, I have yet to bundle us all up to truck around the neighborhood forcing our neighbors to return the favor (me=years of buying their kids candles, candies, sausages, popcorn).

Emily is beaming, she is so excited to get to sell. Allyson is annoyed that her little sister gets to sell. I am personally dreading trying to keep all their money straight and separated- but it is cool to see them working on something, kind of together. Who am I kidding- all they are doing is jumping over one another to attack our family members first. But still fun to watch I suppose.

Everyone justifies buying the cookies with a 'they are just soo good'. And I agree- girlscout cookies are good. But at $3.50 a pop they dang well better be- can I get an AMEN! But it's for a good cause, blah blah blah. The troops do raise a lot of money to get to do some really cool things- so that is something to look forward to!

But- consider yourselves warned- if you hear a knock on your door it might just be one of these sweet innocent girls with their boxed crack for sale. You decide if you want to open the door or not.

Oh- and starting mid February you won't be safe on the weekends at the groceries either as the cookie booths will begin.

Me personally? Just counting down the days to Feb 13 for my box(es) of tag a longs to arrive. They make it all worth while!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

I saw on FB that in some places (I don't know where), they are different prices. Isn't that strange?

Mynde said...

If they are cheaper, perhaps I should consider driving to where ever that is, buying them up, and reselling them here????? They also have different flavors and kinds in other areas- crazy!