Saturday, January 16, 2010


Dear Emily,
When I was pregnant with you, the question often came up as to if I wanted a boy or a girl. The answer was always that I didn't care, I just knew that I wanted you. In my heart I think I knew all along that you were, in fact, a girl.

Your dad and I couldn't decide on a girl name. I brought up Emily a few times- Dad was not a fan so he pushed it out of my mind. Until one night, while pregnant with you, I awoke from a dream and just knew your name had to be Emily. I woke up your dad and asked again, and this time he said yes. And from the minute you entered this world, we both knew that you were an Emily.

You are such an incredible person- very gentle and loving and joyful. I so am amazed in watching you grow and learn and develop. I am blessed to be your mom, I knew that from the moment I found out you were in my belly.

There is not a moment, not a single moment that I can imagine my world had you not joined our family.

And I am so very thankful that you chose me to be your mom. It is my hope that as we continue down this path of life, that you will grow into the fine young woman that God has designed you to be- and that you will consider me not only your mom, but a friend.

Happy 6th Birthday my sweet sweet Emma. I love you, more than you could ever know.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Happy birthday, Miss Emily!