Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And then I blinked.........

It's not that I don't ever want her to go to first grade,
it's just that I don't want it to be time yet.
The thought of her being gone all.day.long is really
really
really tearing me up.
As she waited patiently at the mailbox- I sat on the porch, smiling and waving, with warm tears flowing down my cheeks.  It's probably a good thing there are laws and such as to when kids have to go to school- or I would have changed my mind and opted for just one more year.  Every year for the rest of her life.

I just can't imagine not having Emi with me all day.  I remember going through this with Allyson too.  It sucks big giant fat eggs.
I restrained myself from hanging on the bus door and screaming 'not yet, please not yet'.  For that I am proud.

And then I found a butter knife in the flower bed and remembered that I still have the boy inside.

And as I turned to go in the house, I saw this..........
I love you too Emi Sue.  I hope first grade is everything you have dreamed it would be.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Oh, for Pete's sake. Why would she write that on the window? Now I'm a little weepy, too.