Friday, June 4, 2010

Somebody stop me...............

I've heard tales of people who are involved in horrible accidents that, after the fact, they say they heard somebody screaming during the situation but didn't realize it was them.

I've had a similar experience.

Saturday is Ball Day for the kids softball league.  I don't know what this means.  But it must be something big as I have seen signs at all the schools about it and the kids are all involved in 'the' parade.

At one of Emily's last games the coach and mothers gathered to discuss our 'float'. 

In my head I had already told myself that I have no time to even wipe up whatever that sticky stuff is on the kitchen floor, let alone help with this project.  Be a Shower Upper this time.  You can't do it Mynde.  Not this time.  You can't do it.  Air Show, Air Show, Air Show.  Survival woman, focus on your survival.

I heard somebody say "A giant crown for the pick up truck would be cool.  I wonder if anyone has a giant box from anything?"

And then I heard someone say that they just got a new washer and could make one.

And I stood there with "you can't do everything or be everything to everyone" running through my head and realized they were all looking at me.  AT ME.  Apparently I had said it.

Don't get me wrong.  This is the kind of thing I love.  Working on something fun with the kids for something fun for the kids.  That is what I enjoy in life.  But not now.  Not for the next two weeks.  I can't.  There is no enjoy anything for me for two more weeks.  Too.Much.Work.At.Air.Show.

So last night after working all day (remember- I am used to part time- 2 or 3 hours a day, 2-3 days a week- so this is rough for me) I came home to cut out a crown and bust out the silver paint and glitter.

And while checking email, I got one from Sam's team talking about being at the park at 7:30am (WHAT?) Saturday morning to decorate the float.  And how someone was going to make big paper baseballs with each kids name and number on them.  Just a few clicks of the old keyboard and I had volunteered to try and get the paper disks from a pizzaria and draw the red lines on them.

Again- not that it's a big deal- but I am struggling to keep up with normal life stuff these days.  HAVE I LOST MY EVER LOVING MIND?

I'm just eternally grateful that Allyson's team is hitching along with the coaches 8 year old team (literally riding in a trailer on their truck float) and just need to produce themselves Saturday morning and climb aboard.

Somebody stop me before I volunteer for something else.................................

(sidenote- I laid the giant crown in the driveway to make the glue design and shake the glitter on.  Then we left it there to dry for a while.  Dan drove over it. With the car. NICE!  It now has a rather interesting design of tire tread instead of diamond jewels.  You have got to be kidding me, right?  Don't think I'm not taking it Saturday just like that.)

No comments: