Thursday, June 24, 2010

Buh-Bye!

Here we are- year number three of Church Camp.
I can not begin to explain how happy it makes me that it makes her this happy.
She looks forward to it every year and loves going there.

But this year is different.  Rather than being in the giant window, huge ceiling, air conditioned building...........she is in a cabin.
I certainly hope that this won't be 'the year' she decides she doesn't like it anymore.
Although clean and comfortable, it is unairconditioned (as in a bit muggy and warm) and has a certain odor.  That old building musty moist cabin odor.
But I left her amongst friends, lots to be exact.  Most of the other kids from church are there this week too, so that is good.
And within minutes of arrival, she found swarms of baby frogs.  And by she, I mean Sam.  He was THRILLED to show Ally what he had discovered. 

Not that she wouldn't have found them on her own, mind you.  That girl and frogs.  It's just a thing with her I suppose.
Since it was year three, it felt kind of old hat.  We made her bed, arranged her things, and she basically was done with us.  In fact, we could have probably slowed at the end of the road and dumped her out and she would have been satisfied. 
But as a mother, I needed to hug her and kiss her.  And she wanted NONE of that.
So I tackled her down, kissed her goodbye and off we went.
And as we left, they all lined up to head inside for dinner.
And it was cool so see my awesome kid starting another year of church camp.
And it will be even cooler to go down Saturday and drag her little behind back home where she belongs.
Right here with her mommy.

2 comments:

Ronda said...

I know this is not what you want to hear, but do you see how grown she looks in that first picture? She's beautiful!

Mary said...

i noticed the "odor" too- & i had concerns as well. i'm sure they are having a great time, can't wait to hear all about it!