Thursday, September 3, 2009

A growing problem

Sam was on a rampage yesterday. Some days are like that for him. He's either into EVERYTHING or he behaves beautifully. I promise you, I never had days like I have with him when the girls were little. They were just different. He is mischevious and into something all the time. This is one phase, the omigoshwheretheheckissamandwhyishesoquiet phase, that I will be more than happy to put behind us.

Yesterday alone, he managed to:

Paint the hall bathroom with water and a toilet brush (can you say disinfectant time?)

Take all of the DVD's we own out of their cases

Pour 1/2 a bottle of kids shampoo out into the bathtub

Use a pair of kid scissors to cut a GIANT HOLE out of emily's favorite pink chair (while I was sitting right in the same room with him- how did I miss this?) I then, with a crying emily, got to try my hand at sewing it back together.

Unroll an almost entire roll of florist tape and drape it from the stairs

Then- this morning while trying to hurry and get Allyson ready for school and hunt down her missing sneaker- we discovered where he sat in the living room and unlaced the whole dag gone thing! Nothing like trying to quickly relace a high top shoe in a huge hurry not to miss the bus!

I know what you are thinking, he needs toys. Trust me, we own them- tons and tons of toys. He plays with them too, sometimes. And a beating you say? Yeah, I beginning to think so too.

He is just constantly into something, it seems like. He's driving me to insanity. INSANITY I tell you. Promise me that you will visit me in the psych ward, oh small blonde boy, as I would seriously miss you (but not your messes).

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Boys are tricky, tricky little creatures. But they love their mamas like no one else ever could!