Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Goble- party of 153

I'm just not sure how I get myself into these situations.

Yesterday was the annual committee dinner for the air show, and somehow I got to head up the party. Which essentially means, I had to turn this.....................

Into this........................

And then back into this..........................Having a 'hangar party' is one of the coolest things about being involved with this show- in my opinion. It's an experience like none other.
Throwing a 'hangar party' is another.
With the teeniest budget you can possibly imagine, my job ended up being to make sure we had tables, chairs (set up- preferably : ), centerpieces, salad, desserts, beer, wine and sodas. We had someone to do the dinner part- bless him- can you imagine me running around like a freak in heels trying to cook dinner for 150 people in a airport hangar with nothing more than a microwave and salad tongs????
Today I am tired, my feet are ACHING, and I basically feel like crawling back into my cozy bed.
To say that I am glad it's over would be an understatement.

No comments: