Sunday, October 10, 2010

ten ten ten

It didn't occur to me until I opened my email this morning and every single place I have ever signed up for just to receive coupons (restaurants, stores, online stores) has emailed me some kind of special about 10-10-10.  Wow, I suppose that is the date today.  And I can see how it is kind of cool as these type of neato dates don't roll around very often. 

100 years as a matter of fact for this one in particular.

So as I today have the opportunity to order all kinds of stuff on my computer with a plastic credit card- most of it involving digital pictures and media codes- I have to wonder what this day was like on October 10, 1910.

And if they even noticed.

We've really come a long way in 100 years.  I just sometimes wonder if we're going in the wrong direction.

No comments: