Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reasons why my family is probably eating mcdonalds for dinner...........again

1. My mom is in the hospital.  She will be there for a few more days.  She is having some lung issues and trouble breathing, and to be quite frank I am glad they are keeping her there until she can walk and still breath.  I am missing her being home, and I am missing her being healthy.  Needless to say, I am running to the hospital a couple times a day to see her, running to her house for various items she requests, and running around the city like a chicken with it's head cut off.  And I keep thinking I'll call my mom to tell her how crazy tired and a bit stressed I am feeling, because she is my mom and she listens to that kind of whining, but I can't because she's not home.

2. I am staying up too late and getting up too early- which is making me too tired to plan ahead for meals.

3. The school festival is Saturday.  Which  means this week I have had or will have to remember send in cash for tickets, bake cookies or something for the sweet shop, decorate a cake for the cake walk, sort out books and movies for the movie shop, buy diapers for the baby basket for the silent auction, and remember to take my kids to the thing Saturday night.  Saturday we also have a crafting thing that the kids want to go to, a football game for my nephew, and something else in the afternoon that I can't remember right now.

4. The carnival at church is coming up and there are games to be made and prizes to be sorted (and purchased).  And when I tried and talk to my husband (you know, co-leader of the program) last night while silently praying for him to jump on board and help, he not-so-politelty said he will be glad to show up and help but is staying out of the planning.  I may have had silent tears filling my heart.

5. Dan and I went to bed in a 'fight' last night.  It sure does make for a heavy heart in the morning.

6.  Emily wants to know when we're going to decorate for halloween.  Believe me I want to decorate for halloween.  But I'm also unsure of where the time is going to come from to wash underwear or grocery shop.  And those trump halloween decorating.

7.  I am so grateful that it is at least Fall- because that is my favorite time of the year.  So as I am buzzing all over the city like a complete and total maniac, I can at least breath in the beautiful leaves and cool air.

8.  Being a grown up is not as cool and awesome as I imagined it would be when I was a kid.  I thought it just meant you got to pick what you ate for dinner and got to stay up late.  Boy was I off.

1 comment:

survivor.mom said...

Myn,

I had no idea your mom was in the hospital. Please please please tell her I love her and I'm praying for her to get better soon! While I'm at it, I'll say a prayer for you to have stretched time and PEACE!

Love,
Peggy