Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Half Way Day!

It's Vacation Bible School week! I can only announce that now that it is officially half way over. I've been worried and nervous about this week for many weeks. It's the first time we've had VBS at our church since before Dan and I joined the church- over 10 years that I know of. In my mind, back in January, I was all "heck, vbs, cakewalk, no big deal" but as the week grew nearer, I began to worry about, well, everything. But with two days down, I can officially say it seems to be going beautifully! All the glory goes to God, this week must have been in his will because he has provided enough hands to work with the children, enough children to keep the hands busy, and materials to teach his word. My station, you ask, is the craft room. I am a sucker for all things glittery and glooey. So far so good. The crafts are simple and plain, but seem to be doing the trick for our 37 small wonders. Here's hoping the rest of the week goes just as well. Although I love VBS- I must say I will be relieved when it is over.

As far as today goes- it's a rainy day that has made my children a bit squirly. I am trying to work up the courage to take them out in public just to get them out of the house- the library maybe, and then to the grocery (yikes!) I'm supposed to go to work today, but there is NO WAY I am taking these three houligans into the office. I am not strong enough for that today.

And here is the surprise for the week- Dan is back on days! Hallelujah! I'm not sure how his schedule keeps getting all flipped around, but I am happy now. It makes it hard for me to try and work- even if it is just 12 hours a week- but who cares. For now, our life is a bit more back to 'normal'. I guess, for us, this is our normal : )

No comments: