Saturday, July 25, 2009

Good Grief Guinea Pigs!

So- as I mentioned earlier, we have another guinea pig now! Emily is holding Giblet, and the new one is in front of Allyson. His name is Chocolate. Why Chocolate for an all white guinea pig? Who knows, Allyson picked it and the other two agreed. Dan and I allowed Allyson to buy another guinea pig because, heck, we already had one and I was already changing the cage and buying the food- why not.
Here's the kicker.
Guinea pigs love companionship, right? That's what the 16 year old at the pet store said (in all fairness, the brochure said it too). Not Giblet. We gave them a week and poor Chocolate has the battle scars to prove it. They fight non stop, just like my children. Except they have sharp teeth and they have bitten and scared each other good. So now it's either find a home for Chocolate (can you hear my children crying?) or get another guinea pig cage. Hysterical.
For now, Chocolate is living in a huge plastic tub. Glamorous I know. We'll figure out some more permanent arrangements soon.
In the meantime, anyone looking for a sweet all white guinea pig??????
Ugg.

2 comments:

Ronda said...

That is not the color guinea pig I had envisioned. Cute. But NOT cute enough to live here.

Sharon said...

There is also white chocolate, you know. Ali has 'discerning taste':)

Mom