Friday, July 17, 2009

Culture

Because I am a mother who believes in introducing my children to the arts, I desperately try to constantly introduce my children to different types of theater, arts and such.

So of course, we spent the evening at the demolition derby! There is nothing like the experience of that culture. Old crunched up cars, men chewing tobacco, t-shirts and whootin and hollarin! I'm a good mother like that, learn from me people.

It was a fun evening and my children seemed to love it. Not only was it loud and destructive, tractors were involved so even Sam was enthralled. Despite the last hour and a half of emily and sam poking and picking on each other, we had a blast and I can't wait to go again next year. Allyson, suprisingly, was the biggest advocate for staying until the end (she was worried it would be boring- ha!) What a loud crazy night, full of mud and noise! Fun I tell ya!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

We went to the fair last night, too. We heard the demolition derby, but stayed close to the dairy bar, instead!