Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stepping out- part 2:

Well, here is update to my luncheon.

Beautiful hotel, lots of really important whoevers there. It was the annual luncheon for Riley, so all the big team owners were there presenting awards and what have you. And Mario Andretti (or one of the andretti's). I was most impressed with my ability to sit for two hours, without having to run anyone (myself included) to the restroom.

I ate some kind of grass or plant leaves as a salad, with a beautiful pink/red salad dressing.

Lunch was chicken (hit that one on the head!) stuffed with nuts and pears and risotto. With a side of asparagus. Asparagus is beautiful, and offers a sense of class when served on a plate. But I am CONFIDENT you are not supposed to eat it. ick. Perhaps it would be better used as a centerpiece, with a ribbon tied around a nice thick grouping of it?

The whole time I was eating, I wanted to slap on a brittish accent and comment on the risotto (chef ramsey, kitchen nightmares???? anyone?????) But I didn't, because that would have been strange.

There was a big presentation, involving lots of Riley patients, and lots of Riley physicians. Many of whom I used to know and work closely with during the telethon at the hospital. But my focus was on that tiny plate above my entree. A beautiful slice of triple layered cheesecake. yum.

See- I am not corporate america material. Not anymore. Not that I ever was. But at least I used to be able to pretend I was more than I can today. What will I be when my children toss me to the curb? Time will tell.

And I got a parking ticket. I feel so like a grown up. An uncultured, out of style, grown up.

Next time- girls night at the mexican place. More my speed.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

That is so cool that you had a luncheon with one of the Andrettis. However, I have to admit I laughed when I read about the parking ticket. That would have been me.