Monday, May 16, 2011

I'M BACK!

If you may have been thinking that I'd hung up the old blog, no such luck.  It was just a hellish sort of week that involved working over 100 hours in 7 days (that is not an exaggeration- it is for realz), lots of stress sweat and tears.  But it's over, and I'm back. 

This week will still be nuts as everything that has been borrowed, rented or used has to be returned to wherever it came from.  And although I can't help with it all, I get to tie up the loose ends, cut down banners, and start to put everything that lands in the office back in it's home.  Needless to say my energy is gone, so I'm gonna have to suck it up and do the best I can.  I just hope my feet quit hurting sometime in the near future.

Last night- I was able to leave work and head home after just 13 hours of work.  Some unwanted rain forced a closure of the air portion of the show and crowds dwindled early and before you know it, most everything was shutting down.

So- at 8pm I decided to head for the hills.  I tried to call my home- but my emily wouldn't let me speak to her dad and asked that I just talk to him when I got there.  Being tired, and hungry, I picked up a pizza before arriving at our homestead.

I was giddy to get home in time to actually see the children, AWAKE.  And as I came through the garage door my heart was singing to see Dan waiting for me.  And out of his mouth came "Do you have dinner for everyone?".

And TAG- just like that- I got my job back.

I'm glad to be back, I'm glad we all survived, I'll be glad when the house is back to my normal.  I'll share more tomorrow- but I gotta go wake children and begin our day (Dan is sleeping in : )

1 comment:

mary said...

Yay!!! So glad the airshow is over so we can have our Mynde back. I've missed your blog- can't wait to hear about your "Crazy Days"!