Saturday, October 3, 2009

Me- again- two posts today- really need to get something done but can't

So- I was just thinkin. Thinkin about last week's Desperate Housewives episode (I know- I need a life).

If you don't watch (shame on you) I will catch you up-

Lynette- mother of 4 who are all middleschool, highschoolish age. She just found out that she's pregnant- with twins.

She's in the waiting room at her OB's office, and beside her is a first time, belly rubbing, giggling mom who is waiting on her hubby to retrieve her a glass of water.

Lynette turns to her and offers all of this 'advice' about becoming a mom. But what struck me was-

"There will be times that you will feel so alone- but you will never be alone again"

It hit the nail right on the head. I have often wondered how I could feel so lonely and yet I am in constant company by my children. But they are children. As entertaining as they are, and as much as I love them, they are not adult companions.

I am longing for some adult companionship- dinner, drinks, conversation, someone to catch me up on the news that I never get to watch, someone who doesn't require me to remind them to wait their turn to speak, someone who doesn't constantly ask me to spell everything I am saying, someone who doesn't need me to re-wipe their bottoms after going poo, someone who will wipe the ketchup off their own face and not rub it on their pants or shirt sleeves, someone who might even wonder how I am doing- like really doing- not just where I am going (which always seems to be the grocery or Target).

Girls night anyone? Date night? PLEASE- for the love of all things good- get me into the adult world for just a couple of hours.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Count me in! I'm always ready for a "Girl's Night Out"! You just say the word and I'm there...