Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Field Trip

Today Emily had her first field trip. Where to? The apple orchard & pumpkin patch of course.


The highlight? I was actually picked to get to go with them. As we all know, every parent signs up for the kindergarten field trips- and only 5 lucky (?) souls get picked. And I was one of them. The real surprise? I was actually able to go. Ally was in school and with Dan on 2nds this week- it left me kidless for a couple of hours to chaperone.

I was assigned 4 chitlins to watch during the day. 4 very active chitlins.
Very busy, hard to keep a handle on chitlins. But I didn't loose one single kid- not one!
And although overcast and a bit chilly- there was no rain so it was a great day to go.
And Emily had a wonderful time. And- to top it all off- she was so excited that I got to come. Allyson never wants me to attend things like this with her, never has. So this was a refreshing change.
Despite arguments over who cut in line, whose pumpkin was too heavy for them to carry, and who was too cold- the kids all had fun and found the entire outing very entertaining.
Bonus? One of my kids grabbed her stomach the minute we got off the bus and said her stomach hurt and she was going to throw up. She didn't. Score one for me!

No comments: