Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fabulous 13

Yesterday, Dan and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. 13 years, it doesn't seem possible.

Dan surprised me with beautiful flowers, a baby sitter and dinner reservations. It was a wonderful evening, and I am grateful for a husband who would go to so much trouble. It was a wonderful dinner and, as a bonus, we have a fridge full of left overs for today (yeah!)

After we put the kids to bed, we sat up and watched our wedding video. I must say, I was shocked at how many people, who were part of our lives that day 13 years ago, are no longer with us. Many have died, some have moved, and some we have just lost touch with. Weird. It was a real reality check for me- to see how much not only our lives have changed, but our circle of support as well.

If married today, our guestlist would be completely different than it was on that Fall day so many moons ago. We have been blessed with many new, close and wonderful friends that make up our current 'circle of support'. And for all of them- I am grateful as well.

That day- 13 years ago- was our wedding day. And it was awesome. Who could have possibly foreseen that 13 years later I would be scrambling around sweeping fish food from the floor? Oh how things have changed.

Today we will begin working on year #14. Praise God.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Awwww...happy anniversary. What a nice celebration, and what a nice thing for Dan to do! Glad you had a good day.