Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Girls, Girls, Girls


So as I mentioned, this weekend was girls weekend. 8 of us crazies from church ran away from our families and booked hotel rooms, still technically in the city, for the night. I personally based my entire existence upon this retreat for the past month, and it was well worth the wait!
I am sad to admit that dang near all the hours of chit chat seemed to focus around our children, husbands and households- there were some interesting stories from years past as well as, well, poop (which actually involved fancy phones and Internet searching- apparently we all need to consume more brown rice- forget I said that).
Thanks to nice hotel rooms with adjoining doors- I will introduce my roommates:
Elaine
Shelley
And Vicky- wearing her daughters sweater.
With only one chair- seating was limited (just kidding- my sad attempt to get my camera to work- thank goodness Vicky was able to beat the crap out of the batteries to make the first picture possible : )
There was an omelet boy, whom we all visited. He made our morning bright as we snarfed down as much breakfast as humanly possible. I loved the omelet boy.
We shopped, ate, shopped, consumed adult beverages (yeah!) and chit chatted. It was wonderful. And I had a hard time returning home to my dirty dishes, laundry, arguing children and unattended lawn. But such is life, my life, and I wouldn't trade it. Except for a world filled with adjustable beds and cooked to order breakfast once a year. Thanks ladies!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

That picture turned out cute!

How did our weekend go sooooo fast?