Monday, March 9, 2009

Does anyone have the time?

What freakin' time is it anyway? Have I droned on too long in past posts about how much I HATE the time change? If so, oh well. Turn away now. I must jump onto my soapbox.

Why on earth do we have to do this whole time thing? Couldn't we just fall back every time? That part I like. I like getting a bonus hour- even though it throws all of my children's internal clocks into chaos. But springing forward? Really? That just screws with all of us.

I've got children who can't figure out if they are tired or not, and are not sure when to wake up in the morning, and when they are hungry. And I personally am having the same problem. I can't figure out what the heck time it is. Mentally it's one, on my kitchen clock it's another, on my dining room clock yet a different time. I'm not really sure what clocks I changed, and which I didn't. Thank goodness for my cell phone, it auto adjusts so at least I know what time it is supposed to be after we are done leaping and falling all over the place.

Time change is not for the weak. And I am weak. It was 10:00 before these yahoos fell asleep, which was really 11 or 9- I'm not sure. Eitherway, I was so exhausted I couldn't stay awake. I'm sure the exhaustion came from living a whole hour of my day in 1 second and having to be up way to early because I didn't know what time to leave for church.

Sheesh. And not to mention the sun is not coming up until after 7am. Which is actually 6 or 8, whatever. You get the point. I can not wrap my brain around this change your clock thing and I HATE it. And my children HATE it, because I'm cranky and their are hungry and tired. If only we could go back to when the world accomodated us, those were the days.

More to come later, I think it's time for Allyson's piano lesson, but I'm not sure.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Seriously .It's an hour ...accept it and move on.

Ronda said...

All I know is that today, my daughter took a MONSTER nap. I don't know if she's growing, or exhausted from the weekend, or confused by the time change or what...but I appreciate the nap today.