Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Smart phones and the stupid women who own them

For Christmas Dan surprised me with a smart phone. An IPhone 4s to be exact. The S stands for Siri. She's supposed to be pretty awesome, but as far as I can tell she's just another back talking, only helpful some of the time, addition to my family. One day when I was trying to get directions to somewhere I was undoubtedly running late for, she even responded that she couldn't help me right then. See- kind of like another child.

Back to the actual smart part of my phone. My sister in law showed me something on it that she said I was going to love. At that point I wasn't even positive how to make a
phone call on it so I was all ears!

And then she proceeded to show me the stock ticker and how I could check our investments real time right on my phone.

*crickets chirping*

It's like she doesn't even know me.

I wanted a smart phone for one reason only. Facebook. Well, and for mobile coupons.

It's so cool to be able to take a photo or video with my phone and instantly have the ability to send it anywhere. And by anywhere I mean except my blog. I can not for the life of
Me figure out how to get them from my phone to the blog without emailing first to a desktop. Which is probably better for you, I already post too many mediocre photos on this here blog.

This post has been brought to you by my smart phone and monkey joes- which is where I sit typing it. Because my friend that was supposed to meet me here for a playmate ditched us last minute with some lamo excuse about totaling her van on the way here. Whatever.

Forgive any typos. My fingers are large and these buttons are tiny.

1 comment:

The Smiling Mommy said...

Oh girl you had me laughing good on this!! I SO GET IT! I have the same smart phone. It took me about 3 weeks (probably more) to figure out how to make a call, answer a call, and I'm still figuring out how to make it RING! Sheesh! I'm clearly not smart enough for my smart phone! LMAO! It is however great for facebook, I do love that I can check in to that feature whenever. I also love the camera, it takes pretty awesome pictures, and has pretty ridiculous editing software! I'd be happy to help on that end of it if you'd like! Siri, she and I are not the best of friends yet. She can be quite fresh! LOL Smiles!! Amy