Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Houston- we have a problem.........

My mind is like a steel trap. That is already closed. Nothing goes in- nothing comes out. Like mush really. Like an unsharpened tack. Like a dull knife in frozen butter. Like scotch tape that has been dropped on the carpet and has fuzz stuck all over it. Not really good for much.

I think at one point in my life, I was kind of smart. Quick. Witty. Logical. I think, truth be known I don't really remember and I can not cite any specific occasion, so probably that is not true. But I'm still going with it. And actually- I think my brilliance peaked around the 5th grade and it has gone down hill from there. However, I know Dan was attracted to me for my geniousness- among other things- so I must have been pretty dag gone smart.

But then I birthed three children, and gave them each, apparently, half of my brain. You do the math- it means Sam got robbed in a really bad way. Regardless- it has left me with basically nothing to work with. Actually a deficit.

Which means I rely FULLY on a paper brain. Paper- because I am a creature of habit and electronic doogies seem too difficult to learn.

I am not capable of remembering when the kids teeth were last cleaned, what shift Dan is working next week, when our vacation is, or who goes where when. At all. I'm not joking. I HAVE to write it down if there is any remote chance of it actually getting done.

Last night, after spending 12 hours at work (don't ask) I stumbled into the kitchen for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich dinner and stopped to look at what was on the old schedule for today. And I saw we are having people for dinner (which means I must clean and cook- all in one day- it won't be pretty). And then I noticed that I have to remember to actually pick ally up at school at 4:30 from choir (should have written 'send snack' because I just realized I forgot to do that- shucks).

And then there is that last thing. That last thing right there that I obviously will NEED to do today or I wouldn't have written it on the calendar. Yup- that thing right there...........mop dressed day?

Or is it mip deceased day?

Could it be map demeased day?

It is making me insane. I wrote it- apparently really quickly. And it is important, very very important. And I am not going to ever know what it is, until I forget to show up, do or send whatever it is that I was supposed to. And then it will be too late.

Sorry to whoever it is for whatever this means. I'll keep you posted.......surely someone somewhere is going to call when I neglect to map declassed day?

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Have you seen that commercial where the mom has a huge board of color-coded post-its and a certain color stands for a certain thing...until it stands for something else?

The point of the commerical is to get you to buy an iphone, itouch, ipaidtoomuchthenilostit, but what it really accomplishes is it makes me want to become an official Amish.

Because Good God in Heaven, I WANT THOSE POST-ITS!!!!

Good luck with your calendar there, pal. I think it says, mall obsessed. I think it means you want to go shopping.

Mary said...

dress rehersal day?

Ronda said...

By the way, I'm mildly concerned about tomorrow...does that say 6 AM Wax Museum at school? At 6 a.m.? Is that the only time of day they can get the kids to stand still?

Give me more...this is fun!

Mynde said...

I think Mary might be on to something- maybe the last two are rehearsal day- but mop rehearsal day? Was I to shop for a new mop? Or a map? Do you rehearse a map? Or a mip? You would think something would jog my memory- but nada. nothing.

And no Ronda- that would be 6pm. And I too am joining you on your journey to Amishville- I quit. I bet they don't have mop rehearsal days there. As long as I can still head to a bar to watch greys anatomy and desperate housewives- that is. Unless there is a tv in my buggy- then I'll just go there to watch it. Priorities, you know.

And look- Mary has an official account now. It will be just moments before she leaps into her own blog???????? Keep us posted!

Mary said...

maybe what it really said was make ally a yellow wig day!!
hmmm....my own blog- i can only imagine how boring &/or offensive it would be!