Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dear School Superintendent,

Let me start this letter off by saying that your job title kills me. Everytime I think about it, I can't help but to chuckle. Not at you, but at your job title. The Superintendent. The Bestintentionator. The Superchooser. Ah- I digress.

I have a legitimate concern today. See- today is day number two for snow days. I am worried that the knowledge my children posess is beginning to slip. All that hard work of your teachers, and they will return as just a puddle of jello. Something must be done.

This has NOTHING to do with the fact that we are pent up in our home like caged animals. Or that they are fighting non stop. Or that they were already asking at like 9am this morning what we were going to do today. No- this has nothing to do with that. I am just concerned about their education. Seriously.

I mean, what about those ISTEP thingy's you guys are always preparing them for. Missing two whole days in a row are bound to throw some kinks in that mess.

And the food that I'm sure the cafeteria ladies had ready to cook for their meals, all wasted.

Who really makes these snow day decisions, and do you not even take into consideration us parents, uh- I mean the education of our children?

Because I am a good steward, I have decided that should you decide to again cancel school tomorrow- I will PERSONALLY pick up every dang child in the county and hand deliver them to you. You just let me know if that will be at your home or at the school. Either way.

We can not take any more additional risks with our children's developing minds.

Sincerely-

Your biggest fan

No comments: