Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Allow me to amaze you..........

Monday morning, after a weekend full of frenzy in trying to prepare our family for Papaw's funeral, I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror.

What I saw did not impress me.

My hair- my poor neglected pulled back into a barrette every dag gone day hair was showing the woes of it's days.

How could I possibly attend this mans funeral looking like a middle aged woman clawing to her youth with hair that is wayyyyy too long for someone as, well, old as I am.

So I did what I had to do.

With our departure out of town just a few hours away and work and errands to do in the meantime- a trip to the salon was out of the question.

So I pulled my hair into a pony tail and with our trusty kitchen scissors whacked it off.


Now- I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Turns out- that if you pull the sides back to trim with the rest- the results are far from even. This then involved me carelessly clipping here and there trying to make it all the same length.

This story ends with me at work forcing my co-worker to trim me up around the bottoms to get it at least close to the same length.
I neglected to take a good picture- like after I had it all done for the funeral. You will just have to see it for yourself. But here is me forcing Allyson to help me iron my hairball out. I'm a slave driver, I tell ya.

I personally feel proud that I had the guts to actually do it. Ha! And- unlike the fate of my poor husbands head last summer- it didn't turn out too bad!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

That looks like a lot of hair! It looks good in the ironing picture, though. Way to go, you brave woman!