Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Mourning................

Well, not so good I suppose. I am mourning the loss of normal in our home. Dan began his new shift, ugly:00 until stupid:30- and now I am basically a single mother with an extra kid in the morning (no offense darling). I'm out of whack, thrown of kilter, in a daze, and basically dreading the next every weekday of our lives. I'm sure a new normal will surface- one that doesn't involve macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for every.single.dinner- and for that I am grateful and excited for that day to come. Until then, I will just wipe the tears and make the best of what the Lord has given to us. I trust Him, and know that for whatever reason this is how it is right now. And trust me I am grateful that Dan has a job, so many don't right now and that must be scary.

The kids just spend all day asking where daddy is, even when he's here. They are also so confused by this new strange shift.

On another note- any single mother who makes 'real' meals for dinner is a saint and should be honored. It's so hard to force myself to make a nice dinner, complete with veggies and some sort of protein for my children to snuff their noses at. So I've fallen into cheater dinners, but not forever. Just until I break out of this funk.

funk.funk.funk.funk.funk.funk.

The End.

No comments: