Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW DAY!

Yup, a snow day. Part of me is excited, part of me is already tired of these three arguing over who gets to watch what TV.

What to do with a day that you hadn't planned for???? Bake cookies, wrap presents, clean? Who can decide, possibly all three, possibly none. Time will tell.

I went to Castleton Square Mall yesterday to finish my shopping. Yeah, I know. A woman on a mission, I was. I had a plan and just a couple of stores to shop at, unfortunately they were all inside that mall. It wasn't until I got there that I remembered I took the stroller out of my van- hysterical. We'd already driver there, so we were going anyway. Then I decided to rent one of 'those' strollers that look like cars. But look, no cash. There was an ATM near by, so I ran to get some money, and look, no pin number (I got a new card recently and have yet to memorize it). So I went back to get the kids out of the stroller they had already settled into. I explained that we just had two stores and mommies money card was broken, so we'd just have to walk. There was an older woman standing there, and before I knew it she had paid for their stroller and wished us a merry christmas. How nice is that. Such a stupid little thing, like that stroller, made my entire day easier. And although she didn't have to, she did that for me. Thank you stroller lady at the mall.

Speaking of the mall, everything is on sale. I had to stay really focused to not get sucked into all the sales, signs and buy one get 33 offers. Focus Mynde, focus. We did pretty well.

Last night was a skating party for Ally. I had promised all 3 we would go, they all love Ally's skating parties. I was tired, had no plan for dinner and I was tired. And then it happened. The phone rang, and it was that computer woman stating that the skating party was cancelled because of the weather. I love you computer woman. Not that I didn't want the kids to have a good time, it just felt so awesome to be given an entire night that I didn't have.

So we had a nice dinner together, did baths, dan played with the kids in the playroom, I finished some laundry, watched biggest looser, kids to bed at 8pm. It was nice. Ahhhhhh.

Now, off to see what ingredients I have to which cookie recipes. Have a fabulous snow day.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Enjoy your snow day. We had 1/2 of one. Nick still had preschool today. I hope that lady at the mall was not the last one of the season. I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon.