Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just hear me out..............

Perhaps the polygamists have it all figured out. I too have wondered how on earth a woman can share a holy union with a man who is married to other women. But lets reflect on this for a moment, shall we:

My life: Worked furiously all day running in circles and went to bed with dishes half done, laundry started but no where near finished, carpets that still didn't get vacumed and children wanting more play time than I was able to give them.
My polygamy life: Wife #2 did all the dishes, Wife #3 cooked a great dinner, Wife #4 focused on laundry all day and completed it- ironing included, wife #5 vacumed-including the baseboards, and I played barbies and trains all day with 19 children total.

My life: I take two children shopping for shoes for middlest kid (all of which 'squish her baby toe mind you') and end up on the floor in Target picking up shards of glass from a $32 vase that littlest knocked off the shelf, ah hem.
My polygamy life: "Wife #3, here is my littlest- I am taking this one shopping for shoes. And then maybe a movie and lunch!"

My life: Complete exhaustion over take me and I collapse in a mumbling heap in the corner of the living room.
My polygamy life: Perhaps a nap schedule could be set up so that we can each refresh each after noon while the other 'wives' tend the children.

My life: Grocery shopping for the entire household, typically on multiple days due to my poor planning skills and lack of creative invention as far as recipes go. Said trip usually ending with a threat to one child and raised voices.
My polygamy life: Multiple woman in charge of only one evenings meal a week. A rotating schedule for grocery shopping with a printable flow chart for necessary items. Never a child in tow at the grocery.

My life: Dust bunnies, shoes strone everywhere, various toys all over the place, and the daunting task of breakfast looming overhead.
My polygamy life: Wife #3 happily baking fresh bread and frying eggs, Wife #5 washing the little ones to freshen them for their day, Wife #4 homeschooling all of our little ones and me screwing around on my blog all morning!

With the exception of the whole biblical incorrectness and the fact that I could never share my husband with another woman, that lifestyle doesn't seem so bad now does it???? But in reality, I know I would be his 'favorite' wife, so all the others would just be like live in help. I'm off to hunt for a community and some moving boxes!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

I think what you need here is called "Merry Maids". I've never experienced them myself, but I've heard marvelous things.

Also, a personal shopper (for groceries or shoes or whatever).

For that last part, where you want a nap...good luck...let me know how that turns out. We've apparently given it up for advent.