Thursday, December 11, 2008

My most favoritest place for lunch

Our favorite place for lunch is at Allyson's school. And lucky for me, she loves to have us join her. Not only does it give Emily and Sam a taste of 'the big kid world', it gives me a taste of it too. Not to mention- the school lunches are really good! Today, we got to join her for lunch and lucky me, it was walking tacos (my favorite!).
What surprises me is that these kids get 20 minutes for lunch. Seems sufficient.
Except the fact that they don't leave their classroom until noon (the start of their lunch time). By the time all the kids washed their hands, lined up and walked to the cafeteria, got their trays and sat down, it was 10 after. No wonder the poor kid doesn't eat but half her lunch on a good day (that and the fact she has to chew funny because of all the metal attached to her teeth : ) I guess that's a discussion I should have with her teacher.
Another favorite was Allyson's first 'dance' last Friday. It was a Holiday Hop for the 3rd and 4th graders. Not like bring a date and dance cheek to cheek kind of dance, just a goofy DJ, hot dogs, candy for sale and lots of games. It was AWESOME. I love to go to things like this with Allyson.
So here are our pictures:
Here is Ally with some of her friends. Interesting thing- see the line on the floor behind them? For the first hour, all boys stayed on that side, and the girls on this side. Me and another mom got to laughing, too funny! Uh oh- see Allyson's deer in the headlight look? She's spotted me with my camera out.
Oh no- here she comes.
Yep- the old 'hand over the camera' trick. "No more pictures mom!"
Of course not honey- just let me snap one of us together.
Drat- spotted again. Here she comes for another 'no more pictures mom' discussion. Jeesh.

Check out these crazy effects! I was on night vision or some wacky crap. Regardless, it was Ally doing the Limbo!
We both had a good time, Ally got to chit chat and hang out with all her friends, and I got to chit chat and hang out with all their moms. Fun night! This event is apparently replacing movie night, halleluia! (never was a big fan of movie night : )

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Dances?? My blood just ran cold.