Friday, September 28, 2012

Vocab Words

Yesterday evening, me and the kids were in the car on our way to Ally's band concert.

I asked Ally to read Emily her spelling words so that she could get her pre-test out of the way during the drive. 

Right smack dab in the middle of the list, Emily shares that the word SEX has two meanings.

After I got the car back on the road, I snatched that spelling list out of Ally's hands so fast that the papercuts sliced off a finger or two.  After quickly scanning the list, I realized SEX is not one of the words.

I then calmly inquired as to HOW ON EARTH DID YOU COME TO THIS CONCLUSION AND WHY ARE YOUR TALKING ABOUT IT!?!?!?!?

Turns out a little boy in her class, we will call him A$$HOLE to protect his innocence, has been looking up dirty words in the dictionary and sharing his findings with his classmates.  Emily said that one meaning for SEX is male or female.  I could not let her share the other meaning.  Dear Lord I truly hope she doesn't know the other meaning, please tell me sweet little A$$HOLE didn't share the other meaning----because the only meaning in the dictionary is male vs. female (thank you Websters).

I looked over at Ally and I thought her face was going to explode she was laughing so hard.  And then she quietly said "Perhaps we shouldn't play with A$$HOLE.  Alright- #7 WEEK".

Lord I love these kids.

2 comments:

Anji said...

There's an A$$Hole in every class. We just have to pray that no one thinks it's our children.

Bitumen Pressure Distributors said...

Simply wanna say that this is very useful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

-------------------------------
Bitumen Sprayer | Mini Bitumen Sprayer | Mini Concrete Mixer