Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One day at a time

School is up and running.  Which means that the calendar is filling.  Or is already full.  Or over filling. Over flowing.

Whatever.

Every time I turn around someone is handing me an 8.5X11 sheet of paper full of things to add to the calendar.  Sports.  Church.  Girlscouts.  Boyscouts.  School.

I'm sure that this is nothing that every other family in the country isn't going through as well.  I'm just choosing to whine about it, and since this is my blog my busy schedule trumps yours.  At least in my head.

I sat last night and added all of our 'things' to the calendar that I know of for now through December.  And dude- the next free day we have is January 1.  Only because I don't have that calendar yet, of course.  But even though our calendar is still in shrinkwrap at the store, I'm sure we are scheduled to do something that day already.

I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world.  These children.  This home.  These things that they love to do.  But I would totally slow it all down if I could.

But I can't.  So instead I will head to the store and buy a new calendar.  One with days the size of dinner plates so there is room for everything.  At least in theory.

No comments: