Saturday, February 28, 2009

History at its finest

I introduce you to the presidents of our great nation!
Today was the presidential wax museum for the third grade. And this is my little James Monroe.
She, as well as her other fabulous presidential friends, did a super fabulous job. It was hard to believe that I was sitting there- in a third grade presentation. The time has gone so quickly, she is growing so very fast. I glanced at Emily during the program, who will begin school here next year, and thought to myself "fasten your seatbelt, it's getting ready to start again".
I love seeing her grow and change. And the fact that she wrote and memorized her presentation is so impressive to me. Because 2 1/2 days ago I gave birth to her and she is just a newborn baby. Wow, how could the time go any faster?
I treasure the fact that I have gotten to be at home with her the majority of her life (despite working from home- at least she was still in my proximity : ) because everything is moving so quickly- at least I know I couldn't have slowed it down if I had tried. I do try- and it's useless- there is no way to squeeze more time from a day. And these little people just continue to grow and change. Despite their mommas tears and screaming.
So there it is. Allyson's big day. President Monroe. For me, more of a realization that we have just one more year in the elementary, and then we move on to intermediate. Yikes!

No comments: