Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day.

First- let me remind you all that my sense of humor is, at best, different.

Second- I will reinforce that I am a christian.

That being said, we were once in a bible study, reflecting on Genesis, and this is the passage that was read:

Genesis 3:16- I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing: with pain you will give birth to children.

I burst out laughing. I was the only one, and even after stumbling around trying to explain why I found humor, no one else even chuckled.

See, I spend my mornings breaking up fights, digging strange stuff out of register vents, some mornings are spent in the ER getting stitches, I have to remind everyone to brush their teeth and then listen to constand whining about it, I make beds, I make multiple breakfasts to keep from hearing the protests from the tribe, and basically run myself into the ground just trying to get everyone out of the door. I can only imagine the pains that we will incur as mothers as we continue to raise our now little ones. Watching them move schools, break a friendship, fail tests, learn to drive, crash our family vehicle (hope not- but probably), start college, move away, get married, birth their own- gosh it goes on and on.

So I feel the pain of having children : )

Surely I jest. They are the loves of my life and I praise our Lord everyday for giving them to me- and for the good bad and the ugly that comes along with motherhood. But that day, it just cracked me up to think that this is my punishment for Eve's sin- the pain of motherhood.

Happy Mothers Day.

No comments: