Saturday, June 14, 2008

A visitor..............


Yesterday we were blessed with a visitor, a small frog or toad (who really knows the difference) whom Emily called Tomy. Allyson of course didn't hesitate to run out in the rain and scoop him up, she has grown into a young woman who is not afraid of much. It is not uncommon to be woken by her with her clenched hand in my face saying "mom, look what I've got!" So frog in hand, she bends down and holds it close to Sam, whom I assumed would find delight in this little guy- boy was I wrong! He screamed like a girl- long and loud- until she pulled 'Tomy' back. Emily was not afraid of him, she too was thrilled to have this little visitor- but she was not going to hold him.



By the end of the evening, Tomy had been down the slide (several times while Emily spun in circles singing "I believe he can Slide"), swam in our baby pool (yes, I will change the water) and had a near death experience with Lew, our dog. Finally, through much begging and finally a threat, Tomy was released back to his 'home' under the garden hose and this morning he has relocated (I can't imagine why). But not to worry, Allyson is on the hunt- determined to find him again! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: