Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holy Cow!

I'm not even going to begin to bore you to tears with all the details of the day after Thanksgiving shopping. I'll just say that I started at Midnight at Toys R Us and it was go go go until 8am when we finally wrapped it up. The Toys R Us deal though, must have involved 1000 other people (I kid not) all lined up around the shopping plaza being fed through the doors of the store like cattle. But I did it- and I got what I went for. And it was fun. I so wish I would have taken some pictures.

And now- here it is Sunday, the season is in full swing. It will come and go so quickly, I can already tell. For that I am already sorry. This year I really want to embrace the season and enjoy it- but that whole life thing is already getting in the way I'm afraid!

Next up on my list- Kids Kingdom workshop! Every year, the kids of our church join together in an evening of home made gift making frenzy. It is awesome. However- even though I swore last year I was going to start early, I have less than two weeks and zilch prepared. Time to come up with some ideas and purchase the stuff so that 150+ home made presents can walk out the door that night. Although I can't wait to spend the evening with the kids (they are always so proud and excited about what they have made) I need to get off my hind end and prepare the goods. And one of them needs to include the two cases of candy corn that are parked on my kitchen counter.

So- to spare you from any further blabbering- I'm off to prepare my family for church. Have a happy Sunday!

No comments: