Sunday, April 19, 2009

Something in Red...............

I've lost my sexy. Not that I ever really had any sexy, but I definately don't have any now. At least I used to wear matching underware, and perfume, and jewelry- all at the same time. I had 'cute' clothes and I was thinner. Now, I'm lucky to just get a shower. Shaving is not even really something that I get to do frequently. I'm a mess. A mess of a momma.

How do you find your sexy when you are up to your armpits in laundry, dishes, kid stuff and the rest of the laundry list of things we mommas do? I know it's possible, I've seen 'those' moms at preschool. You know, the 'ones' with the hip clothes, high heeled shoes every day, make up AND hair done all at the same time. How do they do it? Do they arise from slumber at 2am in order to have time to get themselves ready and then fight the children battle? What gives.

Could sexy possibly being having a homecooked meal and the house semi-ordered when my husband comes home? Could sexy be washing the clothes and actually managing to fold and put them away on the same day? Could sexy be being covered in little girls glittery lotion that they 'massaged' me with? Could sexy be rearranging furniture to be functional? I sure hope so, or I'm just plum out of luck.

Remember that song by Reba McIntire- Looking for something in red? See, even Reba lost her sexy, at least she thought so. Personally, I think she has always been so dag gone pretty. But there she is in that song, looking for something in red (like the one that I wore when I first turned his head. Strapless and sequined and cut down to there. Just a size larger than I wore last year. A guaranteed number to knock a man dead. I'm looking for something in red).

My song would be more like I'm looking for something unstained. Something that's comfortable and cute is my aim. Cotton and hole free and all buttons on. Preferably clean but I'll take what I get. Something that covers my way to big gut. I'm looking for something unstained.

Told you I lost my sexy.

No comments: